Friday, March 28, 2008

Somewhere to start...




I'm not sure where my families creativity comes from... or if what I add to that creativity is worth anything... but seeing that two of my three sisters have craft blogs, I thought; what the hell!



So here is my addition to the creative world. Though i can't claim this as my own, Michael Wiltbank was the on who inspired me to make this peice... as he did one just like it first. So the name for this piece is; Michael's Tree. In tribute to him.



This is a second little number I did not too long ago. I know, I know... I have been working on my dyslexia for most of my life.

The process is really simple, just glue news paper to a big canvas... in an organized fashion, or unorganized fashion, it doesn't matter!

Well, honestly, I'm not sure what creative adroitness will come from this blog, but I am hopeful!

4 comments:

Stacy A. said...

Wowser, you don't waste any time! It looks great. This is my first look at the finished tree all displayed in it's glory. And the NY one. They really do look fantastic. Your place is like a gallery. I am sooo proud of you for doing the Easter Pageant. It can't have been easy what with your 2 jobs, your creativeness and your rock and roll addiction. But I bet it was worth it. Maybe we will each have to do a special who's who in the Smith family post-athon. He ha ho. I love you, keep doing what your doing. Love Stacy

Preston Smith said...

I couln't have finished the tree with out your leaves... they are perfect!

azsmith said...

Honestly, I have a hard time believing that this kind of creativity is in my family, because I am so lacking, but I love it! Keep at it!

Chellor said...

Being that I love all things New York, I love this! :)